If you are feeling stressed or anxious, then it could be because your cortisol levels are off balance.
Cortisol is known as the stress-hormone because the body releases it at times of stress. If you have too much of this hormone in your system, then you will become restless and unable to sleep, which will only result in making your more stressed.
Cortisol Manager by Integrative Therapeutics is a therapeutic way to help your body to naturally regulate these hormones, reduce stress and to help you to feel more restful and relaxed.
This review will take a more in-depth look at what goes into Cortisol Manager and find out whether or not it actually works.
What exactly is Cortisol and what are the effects?
Cortisol is a hormone that the body secretes at times of stress and anxiety. It’s sole purpose in lay-man’s terms is to be the bridge between stress signals and the affects that stress can have on your body – it’s better for you and your body to keep cortisol levels low.
If you have high levels of cortisol in your body, then you may experience:
- Headaches – this can be both severe and those irritating reoccurring ones
- Severe fatigue – inability to sleep
- Cognitive difficulties – such as forgetfulness or problems concentrating
- High blood pressure – this could be a new thing or it could become worse
- Muscle weakness – feeling achy or
- Weakened immune system – if you are constantly getting colds or feeling run down
- Increased desire for sugary fatty foods – wanting to regularly eat foods that you know are bad for you and you know will add pounds
What does Cortisol Manager Do?
Cortisol Manager works by helping to keep your bodies cortisol levels at healthy range.
It is available in 30 or 90 pack easy to swallow tablets, and should be taken once a day an hour before going to bed.
Due to the herbal content, this treatment is considered to be perfectly safe and non-addictive or non-habit forming.
What are the ingredients?
Cortisol Manager contains very few ingredients and they are all herbal.
Each of the herbs have their own benefits that will aid relaxation and reduce cortisol levels. Each tablet contains the following:
- L-Theanine – this is an amino acid and has been proved to reduce anxiety as well as helping blood pressure to remain at a healthy level. L-Theanine supports the release of dopamine and serotonin, and it is the release of these two chemicals that help your body to feel more at ease. It does this by encouraging muscles to relax and when your muscles are relaxed you start to feel less anxious and stressed.
- Ashwagandha – this herb has been proven to reduce the production levels of the stress hormone. It does this by encouraging your body to build on its stress resistance abilities. Clinical studies have also found that this herb can boost energy levels and promote a healthier immune system as it increases platelet counts and red blood cells.
- Magnolia Officinalis – Studies have shown that whilst this herb isn’t a sedative it does encourage a more restful and natural sleep. By being able to do this, it also helps to reduce your overall stress levels.
- Epimedium Koreanum – this is another herb that has been proved to aid muscle relaxation by preventing the activity of an enzyme called cholinesterase.
- Phospahatidylerine – this natural herb has been clinically proven to help the body to not only reduce stress levels, but to also aid the feelings associated with positive moods. It works by naturally reducing the impact of cortisol after long periods of stress.
What are the Potential Side Effects of Cortisol Manager?
No negative side effects have been noted.
However, to be on the safe side, try to avoid driving and operating heavy machinery a few hours after taking it because this supplement will relax you and drowsiness may occur.
Cortisol Manager is best taken in the evenings prior to sleep.
Please also note that if you’re pregnant, nursing, taking prescription drugs or suffer from chronic insomnia you will need to consult your doctor before taking it.
What are the Pros and Cons of taking Cortisol Manager?
Before embarking on your own course of Cortisol Manager, it is essential to better understand the pros and cons, as this will enable you to make a fully informed decision.
- It’s non-addictive or non-habit forming – no studies have found that people become addicted to taking Cortisol Manager
- Available in 30 or 90 day packets – the options of packet sizes allows you the freedom to discover the benefits for yourself
- Contains natural herbal ingredients – you will not be putting harmful chemicals inside your body
- Helps to reduce stress levels – many of the herbs that make up Cortisol Manager have been proven to naturally reduce the stress hormone
- Can aid weight loss – some people have stated that because they are feeling less stressed, they are less likely to crave or eat fatty and sugary foods, and have therefore noticed that they have dropped a few pounds
- Encourages a well-balanced sleep cycle – the herbs that make up Cortisol Manager can be used to help relax muscles and reduce stress, which can also help you to have a much better sleep and reduce that morning grogginess
- It’s quite pricey – Cortisol Manager can be quite expensive, but for the benefits it offers, the cost is worth it
- It doesn’t work for everyone – A small minority of people have said that they felt no difference in terms of their stress related symptoms
- Doesn’t always help with sleep patterns – because a some people have reported not feeling any improvement, this also includes no changes with help towards sleep patterns
Overall most people who have tried Cortisol Manager feel that it works well for them.
Many have indicated that the grogginess that they had experienced in the mornings was gone, and they felt revitalized.
Other people have stated that because their stress and anxiety levels have reduced, so too has their cravings for fatty foods which means that they have also lost weight.
Read more reviews on Amazon
If stress and anxiety issues are causing you sleepless nights, then using Cortisol Manager could be a very good option.
In addition to this, Cortisol Manager can offer some assistance in terms of weight loss due to its ability to help reduce those feelings of stress which may mean you also feel less inclined to reach for the chocolate.
Whilst there are a small number of people who feel no benefits from using, overall the reviews are positive, especially in terms of stress reduction and ability to sleep.
As a herbal alternative therapy it’s certainly worth a go.