Dry eyes can be very annoying and painful, people with dry eyes often struggle with eyes that burn or sting. For some dry eyes might be caused due to health issues such as aging or because of the side effects of medication. For others working in an air-conditioned room, or on an airplane or in the wind and sun can lead to dry eyes.
People that stare at a computer screen all day can also suffer from dry eyes. Having dry eyes suck, but this doesn’t have to be a permanent problem, there are currently numerous sleep masks available that help to relieve the discomfort caused by dry eyes.
Let’s take a look at some of the best eye masks for dry eyes currently available on the market, give them a try it might just change your life for the better.
Which eye mask is best for dry eyes? It depends on personal preference, budget, how severe your dry eyes are and on a variety of other factors. There are a number of good eye masks for dry eyes available on the market, some use heat, others use cold and some both in order to alleviate the effects of dry eyes. My job is to help you find the eye mask that is perfect for you.
The best sleep mask for dry puffy eyes is the Heated Eye Mask by Graphene Times. This high quality eye mask is FDA approved and along with treating dry eyes it also treats dark circles. For best results use the Heated Eye Mask by Graphene Times twice a day,
If you can’t win the dry eye battle then the best eye mask for you will be the hydrating sleep mask for nighttime dry eye relief by Eye Ecco. This doctor recommended mask is proven to help relieve dry eye during rest and sleep. Eyeseals 4.0 hydrating sleep mask also works for aqueous deficient dry eyes, floppy eye syndrome, lagophthalmos, and recurrent corneal erosions.
If you prefer the comfort and feeling of either a warm or cool compress mask then look no further than the Dry Eye Mask by Heyedrate. It isn’t only easy to use and comfortable, it also relieves the symptoms of dry eyes caused by blepharitis and allergies.
Do Eye Masks Help with Dry Eyes? How do they work?
Eye masks are more than just a fancy sleeping accessory. Eye masks help people that struggle to sleep, and they also help those that struggle with dry eyes.
Suffering from dry eyes is no fun and the side effects of it can be reduced dramatically with the help of a good eye mask.
Now that we have established that eye masks do work in the fight against dry eyes, let’s take a look at how they work.
Eye masks hydrate a person’s eyes, some high-end eye masks are battery powered to produce heat and a humid environment.
A humid environment is moisture rich and it combats the effect of dry eyes, it also reduces puffy bags under your eyes. Eye masks also protect your eyes against dry air at night, some eye masks create a vacuum around your eyes in order to ensure a moisture-rich environment around your eyes when you sleep at night.
How do eyes stay moist?
Tears are the main moisture providers to our eyes. No this doesn’t mean that you need to cry all the time in order for your eyes to be moist.
There are glands just above our eyes that make tears, we also have other glands on the edges of our eyelids that produce oils. The tears and oils produced by these respective glands ensure that our eyes are moist.
The oils float on top of the tears in order to slow down evaporation, this process ensures that your eyes can stay wet in extreme weather conditions such as in the desert.
Once these tears and oils have done their job they drain into your nose through small drain holes near the inner corners of your eyes.
Is it Dangerous to Have Dry Eyes?
Dry eyes can be dangerous if no course of treatment is taken. Dealing with dry eyes can be very uncomfortable and annoying and if left untreated it could permanently harm your vision.
Light sensitivity and blurred vision are two common side effects of dry eyes. Dry eyes are also more susceptible to scratches and infections which can be very dangerous.
How can I hydrate my eyes?
Dry eyes can be treated and hydrated in a variety of different ways. Let’s take a closer look at how to hydrate your eyes:
- Blinking – Blinking is very important to our eyes, when we blink we nourish our eyes with oxygen and nutrients. Many of us stare at computer screens all day and this act reduces considerably which in return causes dry eyes. Don’t be scared to blink every now and again, you won’t miss a thing if you do.
- Eye drops – Artificial tears, more commonly known as eye drops can alleviate the symptoms of dry eyes. Eye drops are normally the first course of treatment for people that suffer from dry eyes. Eye drops help lubricate your eyes by adding artificial tears to your eyes.
- Sleep masks – try a hydrating sleep mask. There are a variety of sleep masks on the market that heat up and that have a host of other functions. Sleep masks create a humid environment around your eyes when you sleep which reduces the effects of dry eyes.
Best Eye Masks for Dry Eyes Reviews
Finding a high quality sleep mask that helps with dry eyes can be a daunting task.
If a high quality sleep mask for dry eyes is on your wish list then consider purchasing the heated eye mask by Graphene Times.
This mask uses Far-infrared therapy that is generated through the heating of Graphene films in the mask.
- FDA Approved
- This mask uses Far-infrared therapy to treat your eyes in order to prevent and cure dry eyes, wrinkle lines due to aging and bags under the eyes
- The sleep mask is ergonomically designed to ensure maximum comfort
- The temperature that the masks generates can be adjusted to fit you personally
- This sleeping mask switches itself off after one hour thus it is safe to wear the mask to bed
- The mask features a 3D contoured design for extreme comfort especially around the nose of the user
- The mask does have to be charged through a USB port
- This mask does carry a hefty price tag
- Some users might not be comfortable about the fact that the mask uses power to heat up
Best Hydrating Sleep Mask for Nighttime Dry Eye Relief
For problem sleepers that are seeking the Rolls Royce of sleep masks that relieves dry eyes take a long hard look at the Eyeseals 4.0 sleep mask.
The eyeseals are made out of medical grade plastic that keeps dry air out of the eyes and that creates a moisture rich environment. A soft adjustable microfiber head wrap is used to ensure maximum comfort.
This eye mask is recommended by doctors for nighttime use to relieve dry eye, lagophthalmos, aqueous deficient dry eye, floppy eye syndrome, and recurrent corneal erosions.
- The Eyeseals 4.0 is made out of high quality materials that is medical grade
- The Eyeseal 4.0 mask focuses on creating a moisture rich environment to prevent dry eyes due to overexposure to dry air
- The Eyeseal 4.0 is a very comfortable mask to sleep with
- It has space for your eyelids when you blink
- All natural
- Doctor recommended
- The Eyeseal 4.0 is expensive in comparison to other sleep masks for dry eyes
Best Eye Compress for Dry Eyes
Dry Eye Mask by Heyedrate
The Dry Eye Mask by Heyedrate is easy to heat warm or cool compress eye mask that offers relief for those who suffer from dry irritated puffy and itchy eyes.
Allergy sufferers and those who struggle with blepharitis can benefit greatly from the Dry Eye Mask by Heyedrate. This reusable eye mask warms up in the microwave in just 15-20 seconds. If you prefer a cool compress then it needs to be left in the freezer for at least 2 hours before use.
The Dry Eye Mask by Heyedrate features a comfortable design. The company does more than just treat dry eyes, for every mask sold a free eye exam or eyeglasses are given to a person in need.
- Hydrates your eyes through either heating or cooling
- Easy to use mask that is quick to warm up
- The company, Heyedrate, is serious about the health of our eyes and by purchasing one of their eye masks a person in need will receive either an eye exam or eye glasses.
- The Dry Eye Mask by Heyedrate features an affordable price tag
- The mask takes quite a while to freeze if you are wanting a cool compress mask, thus you have to plan ahead to put it in the freezer.
- The white cover can get dirty fairly easy and needs to get washed on a regular basis.
If you are looking for a high quality, comfortable and affordable sleep eye mask then look no further than the Wolf Moon natural silk sleep eye mask.
This eye mask is ideal for travellers that are constantly on the go.
The Wolf Moon is lightweight, it can be packed into small spaces with ease and it will allow for some shut eye regardless of where your travels take you.
- The Wolf Moon eye mask is made out of high quality 100% silk material
- The silk material blocks out any bright lights
- The silk only allows oxygenated air through its particles, thus the mask blocks out dry air that leads to dry eyes.
- The Wolf Moon sleep eye mask is extremely comfortable
- No charging is required, the Wolf Moon is always ready to go
- The Wolf Moon sleep mask is very affordable
- The Wolf Moon doesn’t have any state of the art technology in it that differentiates it from other sleep masks
Frequently asked questions about sleep masks
What is the purpose of an eye mask?
The purpose of a sleep mask is to block out any outside light that disturbs a person when they are trying to get some shut eye.
It might be light that creeps through a window blind, or it could be that irritating mobile phone light of your significant other that plays candy crush before they go to bed. But more importantly a sleep mask prevents dry eyes due to overexposure to dry air.
Who should wear a sleep mask?
People that struggle with dry eyes in general should wear a sleep mask. A sleep mask will also be beneficial to people that spend a lot of time in environments with dry air such as windy or air conditioned environments.
How does one prevent dry eyes?
Preventing dry eyes can be a difficult task, but with the help of eye drops and the use of a sleeping mask one can alleviate the symptoms of dry eyes.
How do sleep masks help with dry eyes?
Sleep masks create an environment that hydrates the eyes and that protects the eyes from dry air during sleep. Sleep masks that heat up creates a humid environment that is rich in moisture to help with the prevention of dry eyes.
Is heat or cold best to treat puffy eyes?
Puffy eyes is best treated through the use of a cold facial mask or through the application of ice.
Cold temperatures reduces swelling, the swelling associated with puffy eyes will thus be reduced through the use of cold treatment.
How do you heat eye mask?
How you heat your eye mask depends on the type and brand of eye mask that you have. Some eye masks are battery powered and others can be heated up by placing them in a microwave for 15-20 seconds.
How long should I keep a warm compress on my eyes?
A warm compress should be kept on for at least 15-20 minutes at a time. Battery powered heated eye masks switch off after an hour but you can take it off before that once you feel relief from the effects of your dry eyes
What vitamins help with dry eyes?
Vitamin D and Fish oil supplements are believed to help with dry eyes. Enough evidence doesn’t currently exist to confirm these findings but impaired tear function is an occasional symptom of Vitamin D deficiency.
What should I eat for dry eyes?
A healthy diet in general that is high in nutrients will be beneficial to your general eye health. Cold-water fish such as sardines, tuna and salmon are all rich in omega-3 fatty acids which can help to protect against dry eyes. Conclusive evidence doesn’t exist on this subject but a healthy diet sure won’t harm anyone.
Can dry eye affect your vision?
Yes, people with dry eyes experience irritated scratchy eyes which leads to blurry vision. Advanced dry eye sufferers may suffer from damage to the front surface of the eye which could lead to permanent vision impairment.
Finding the perfect sleep mask to help with the prevention or improvement of dry eyes might seem like a daunting task, but rest assured.
After reviewing multiple different sleep masks the best sleep masks currently available are Eyeseals 4.0 hydrating sleep mask for dry eye relief by Eye Ecco. This eye mask is doctor recommended and it is proven to help relieve dry eyes during sleep.
The heated eye mask by Graphene Times is also a great option. This heated eye mask is constructed out of high-quality materials, it is comfortable, it is effective and it uses Far-infrared therapy to treat dry eyes. If you suffer from dry eye or dry eyes take a chance and buy a sleep mask to assist with those dry eyes, it might just make a huge difference.
If you prefer the feeling of either a heated or cooled compress eye mask then look no further than the Dry Eye Mask by Heyedrate, it is affordable, comfortable, easy to use and it will bring immediate relief to dry eye sufferers.
Hope you find relief soon!
Hi, I’m Liz. I have suffered from insomnia for many years, I created this blog to help you fall asleep faster and to improve your overall quality of sleep. My blog covers everything from the best bedding materials to supplements and everything in between including: snoring, teeth grinding and lucid dreaming.
I hope you find this information useful. If you have any questions or if I can help you out in any way please feel free to contact me at [email protected]